Read on for resources, tips and best practices that will help you make the most of your connection
- How to retrieve your Hotel-X credentials?
- Hotel-X documentation
- Hotel-X Playground: You can use Playground as a client to test your queries and mutations. But also, download our SDL through the "Schema" tab and check the structure and definition of each of the methods available on our API through the "Docs" tab.
- How do I add more users to my company's account?
- Hotel-X FAQs
- Endpoint: The Hotel-X endpoint (api.travelgatex.com) will be the same for both test and production environments and for all the sellers.
Keep Alive Header
GraphQL To Rest
- Check that your JSON parser is updated to the last schema as the Array. Fields previously defined as single Scalars can produce unexpected JSON marshalling.
- Add the HTTP header to your request(s): TGX-Content-Type:graphqlx/json
- Test a sample call for every request using the header
- Enjoy the performance
Improve GraphQL Performance
Plugins are additional features that will introduce at a request level all the business logic you normally would have had to implement on your side. These plugins can be used to fully customize the request and response in any way you wish, and can be added as your business grows and evolves. You will find more information on all the plugins available at TGX here.
Hotel-X calendar view
You may build a calendar on your side with the availability response received through Hotel-X, however, please note that the more requests you send to TravelgateX, the higher your bill may be due to having a huge L2B (this depends on the contract signed with TravelgateX).
When making a reservation, there will be a field named “status” in the response indicating the status of the reservation. It can take four different values:
- OK: The reservation was completed with no problems.
- RQ: The reservation was completed but the product is still not available, so the reservation goes into a waiting list (Request). It is the Buyer’s responsibility to check the final status of the booking.
- CN: The reservation was completed but due to a Seller error or a timeout the system will immediately cancel the reservation to prevent further possible errors.
- UN: The reservation was completed but due to a Seller error or a timeout, the reservation status is unknown. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to check if the booking is OK.
If a Buyer experiences any of the common errors (or any status different to OK) mentioned in the previous point during the Book process. it will be their responsibility to check the final Status of the Booking.
- RQ: The cancellation was completed but the cancel is still not available, so the reservation goes into a waiting list (Request). It is the Buyer’s responsibility to check the final status of the cancellation.
- CN: The cancellation was completed.
- UN: The cancellation was completed but due to a Seller error or a timeout, the cancellation status is unknown. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to check if the cancellation is CN.
If a Buyer experiences any of the common errors (or any status different to CN) mentioned in the previous point during the Cancellation process, it will be their responsibility to check the final Status of the Cancellation.