Retrieve and download XML logs from transactions
Logging-X, a service provided by TravelgateX that allows our partners to find and review errors in audit transactions. Using Logging-X, connected partners can download XML logs from transactions (Booking, Quote, Cancel), analyse issues and see the status of their transactions.
The main difference with Stats is that in our Stats Dashboard you can only download error logs, whilst here you can also download successful logs.
A quick guide to using Logging-X
Once you have logged into our platform, go to add-ons menu, and click on Logging. You will be able to use different filters and choose the client and supplier for which you want to find the logs. Then, configure and apply filters to your search by selecting:
- API (Hotel, Flights,)
- Operation Type (Search, Quote, Booking, Scheduler, Other)
- Operation: Avail, Cancel, CategoryList, CommitReservation, Currency List,etc)
- Error type (Integration_Error, Communication_Error, etc)
- Traffic Type ( basic, optimized, scheduler, speed)
- Session Ids
With Logging-X you can select the time range where you want to look for the logs, either by using the predefined options or by using the calendar. You can also use more advanced filters:
- Limit the amount of results returned or get those only active connections
- Total Execution Time of requests
- Search by reference: client / supplier or hotel and by quote or cancel required.
Once you have configured your search, click on filter to see results appearing. If no results appear, this means that there are no logs for the selected filter criteria.
The table with results will show you following information:
- Duration of the transaction
- Client who made the request and the corresponding supplier.
- Error type, error code and operation type
- Session ID, as unique identifier for this transaction
- Traffic Type
- Cloud environment
- If you use HotelX you will also see the access code used.
Finally, it is possible to download the logs. Remember that if you are buying, you will need to use the BUYER tab to look for logs, and if you are selling, you will need to use the SELLER tab for finding logs.
Please click on the video below for a great (and short!) tutorial for Logging-X :)