Reduce overall system costs and response times the easy way
At TravelgateX, we have always look for ways to adapt our tech solutions to our Partners’ changing needs. One of those needs is to reduce traffic and response times.
Thanks to our dynamic cache solution Speed, it is now possible to save up to 80% of total hits to the Seller's system as well as reduce response times.
Who can benefit from Speed and what problems does it solve?✅
- whose systems cannot handle the traffic volume or take a long time to return results.
- who want to provide their product to Buyers in record time, thus being able to drive more sales.
- who need to reduce traffic (hits) to avoid extra infrastructure costs.
- that require a very low response time due to the nature of their business: xml, B2B, metasearch partners, etc.
- who need to get the product faster than what the limitations of the Seller's system allow.
How can I use Speed? ⚡
Once you have logged onto TravelgateX, click on APPs >Speed. There, you will access your Speed dashboard, where you will be able to check the accesses currently active on Speed and those that were optimized at some point.
Here you can check the following information:
- Connection name and code
- Access name and code
- Last update of the Speed configuration
- Time Reduction: percentage of time response reduction in the last 24h.
- Traffic Reduction: percentage of traffic saved against Seller's system in the last 24h.
- Active: check and change your Speed access status (active/inactive).
- View detail: check detailed performance data. If you have recently activated Speed, please come back in a few minutes, we are collecting your data.
Only connections via Hotel-X Buyer API will appear in your Speed results. In order to activate Speed for a Legacy Buyer connection please contact our Customer Care team.
How does it work?🖱️
In order to configure Speed for one of your accesses, you should click on the 'Speed an access' button and complete the requested fields:
- Mode: Speed can work in two different modes when the information requested by the Buyer is not already stored in our database:
- Standard: If a search result is not stored in Speed, the request is sent to the Seller and then the response is returned to the Buyer - Recommended.
- Fast: If a search result is not stored in Speed, no results will be returned. Internally, the request is sent to Seller to store it for future searches. This mode causes a higher ratio of no availability results.
- Booking window and TTL: Stored cache default value is 24 hours. However, Speed allows customization at a booking window level, for example: searches for the next two days, keep them 6 hours in cache. We always recommend to start using Speed with the default 24h and the use of this parameter is totally optional.
- Time range: It indicates the days range for the booking window to be applied. You can use the default time ranges specified or customize your own.
- TTL (Time to Live): It indicates the amount of time the Seller search results will be stored in Speed for the previous time range selected. You can use the default TTL specified or customize your own. And don't worry about quote errors! If there is any error of this type, searches in cache will be automatically deleted to avoid future issues. Your Speed cache will be constantly updated!
Once configured, click on 'Activate Speed' and that's it! Our cache will start collecting data immediately and you will be able to check the Speed performance really soon.
How can I check the improvement in my connections? 📊
You can check your performance and improvement in terms of time and search traffic reduction just by clicking on the "View Detail" option in your Speed accesses list.
Select the date range you want to check and see the number of requests handled by Speed vs. those sent to the Seller. You can also check the time reduction achieved with Speed comparing the average response times from Speed vs. Seller.
If you want to check or update the Speed configuration for a specific access you can click on 'Configure Access' in your 'View detail' section.
How can I differentiate Speed's traffic?
There are 4 types of traffic in TravelgateX: Basic, Speed, Optimized and Scheduler.
- BASIC (Blue): It is the standard transaction. A Buyer is connected to a Seller without any other solutions to the connection.
- SPEED (Green): It is the transaction sent by a Buyer when their connection uses our Speed solution. Our cache solution blocks this request from reaching the Seller's system.
- SCHEDULER (Red): This kind of transaction only refers to static content (Hotel List, Descriptive Info, etc). A transaction is tagged as "Scheduler" when the information requested is stored in TravelgateX' Database (Offline).
- OPTIMIZED (Gray): These are the requests sent by TravelgateX to feed our internal databases. There are two sources:
- Speed: When the information the Buyer requests in a Speed connection is not already stored in our DB, TravelgateX sends a request to the Seller in order to obtain it.
- Scheduler: When the time it takes to get all the static information from a Seller is too high, TravelgateX downloads it asynchronously in order to return it to the Buyers in a shorter, more acceptable time period.
📖 You can also target your search by Traffic Type in our Stats APP.