Reduce overall systems costs and response times the easy way
At TravelgateX, we have always looked for ways to adapt our tech solutions to our partners’ changing needs. One of those needs is to reduce traffic and response times.
Thanks to our dynamic cache solution Speed, it is now possible to save up to 80% of total hits to the Seller's system as well as reduce response times.
Who can benefit from Speed and what problems does solve?
- For Sellers:
- whose systems’ can not handle the volume or take a long time to return results.
- who want to provide their product to Buyers in record time, and thus being able to drive more sales.
- who need to reduce traffic (hits) to avoid extra infrastructure costs.
- For Buyers:
- that require a very low response time due to the nature of business, xml, b2b, metasearch partners, etc.
- who need to get the product faster then what the limits of Seller’s system can deliver.
How can I use Speed? ⚡
Once you have logged onto TravelgateX, go to App tab and click on Speed. First view is your Speed dashboard, which allows you to check the Hotel-X accesses that currently have Speed activated or that were optimized at some point.
Here you can see with the following quick information and actions:
- Connection name
- Access name and code
- Last update of the Speed configuration
- Time Reduction: percentage of time response reduction in the last 24h.
- Traffic Reduction: percentage of traffic saved against Seller's system in the last 24h.
- Active: check if your access have Speed active or deactivate.
- View detail: check detailed performance data.
Configurating an Speed Access... 🖱️
To configure Speed in one of your accesses with your Partner, you should click on the 'Speed an access' button and complete the following form:
- Email: will be automatically filled with your account email
- Activate/Deactivate: select the main topic to your request
- Access: specify which access or accesses to be taken into account
- Comments: add any questions or comments you find relevant
And done! Our team will handle your request and let you know as soon as Speed is activated for your access.
How can I check the improvement in my connections? 📊
Once you have selected the 'View detail' option in our Speed access list, you will be able to see the performance and improvement in terms of time and search traffic reduction.
Select the date range you want to check and see the number of requests handle by Speed and the ones sent to the supplier. Also, see the time reduction achieved with Speed, comparing the average time response from Speed vs Seller.
How can I differentiate Speed's traffic?
There are 4 types of traffic in TravelgateX: Basic, Speed, Optimized and Scheduler.
- BASIC (Blue): It is the standard transaction. A Buyer is connected to a Seller without any other solutions to the connection.
- SPEED (Green): It is the transaction sent by a Buyer when this connection uses our Speed solution. This cache solution blocks this request from reaching the Seller's system.
- SCHEDULER (Red): This kind of transaction only refers to static content (Hotel list, info hotel, etc). A transaction is tagged with this type when the info requested is stored in TravelgateX's Database (Offline).
- OPTIMIZED (Gray): These are requests sent by TravelgateX to feed our internal databases. There are two sources:
- Speed: When the info the Buyer requests in a connection with Speed activated is not stored already in our DB, TravelgateX sends a request to the Seller to obtain it.
- Scheduler: When the time it takes to get all the static info from a Seller is too high, TravelgateX downloads this info asynchronously in order to send this info to the Buyers in shorter, more acceptable time period.
📖 In our Stats app you can target your search by these traffic types.