Each Seller supports/works with different payment types (remember that TravelgateX supports Merchant, Direct, Card Booking, Card Checkin, and PayX), so the ones you receive will be the ones that the Seller provides to us, which should be those ones that you have contracted /agreed with the Seller.
Below you will find an explanation of the different payment types:
- MERCHANT: The payment is managed by the supplier.
- DIRECT: The payment is made straight to the actual payee, without sending it through an intermediary or a third party.
- CARD_BOOKING: The payment is managed by the supplier. The payment is effectuated at the time of booking.
- CARD_CHECK_IN: The payment is managed by the supplier. The payment is effectuated at check in in the hotel.
- PAYX: The payment is managed by TravelgateX. The client may use this payment type if he contracts the service of virtual card creation(VCC). This service allows Travelgate to manage the payments that require card data in the Booking process. There are two payment types that require card data: CARD_BOOKING and CARD_CHECK_IN. That way, TravelgateX generates the card with the net price that the client has to pay to the supplier.